My P2P investment performance in Funding Societies

What is P2P

I started to put some money in P2P investment through Funding Societies a few months ago.

Basically, P2P means Peer to Peer lending.
The concept is still basically quite new in Malaysia.

In short, you are basically lending money to SME or businesses so that they can have the cash flow to operate their business.

Is this legal?
Of course, you can check the approved list of companies from the SC website here.
Note that Funding Societies is from Modalku Ventures Sdn Bhd (1190266X).

Browsing through the SC website, there are 4 types of crowdfunding.

They are:

P2P - Peer-to-Peer Financing
ECP - Equity Crowdfunding
DAX - Digital Asset Exchange
PCF - Property Crowdfunding


More and more creative crowdfunding concepts are emerging these few years.
Good to start to explore all these new investment ideas.

My Investment Performance

This month in Jan 2020, I started to take a look of the performance of my investment in P2P.

To my surprise, the performance is quite good.

I invested RM5,000 in Sept.

Basically we need to start with RM1,000.

Then I top up RM4000 extra to take advantage of the potential high return of more than 10%.


Looking at the chart below, I am quite happy overall.

With an annualized portfolio performance of 12.56% within 4 months, consider quite good.





How Much I Earned?


I have basically earned RM189.56.

Total invested in 54 loans.
This is to diversify the risk.
As some of the loans may default or late payment.
Looking at the statement below, some did have late payment.
For that, I received a late interest payment of RM11.55.
Not that, as Funding Societies did all this for me.
However, I think I did not receive any notification about the late payment though.

I try to limit to RM200 per investment, and the bot will decide it for me of what to invest based on the criteria that I set.

The Autobot in this Funding societies is quite useful.
Set it one time, you can let it run by itself. Pretty cool.

After deducted the expenses of RM28.27, I left with RM161.29 nett.
Not bad after all.
Are you a business owner and need financing too?

It seems that I can do referral for business to Funding Societies and earn some commission up to RM1000 too.
Interesting.


My Review for Funding Societies

1. Simple to start. Just start with RM1000.

2. Easy to do. With the autobot, just set the criteria of the business that you want to invest. The bot will do it for you. Set it and leave it. Save me a lot of time.

3. Quite good return of > 10%. This is better than most investments out there. However, do note that it come with risk as well. To make sure the return is sustainable, only choose to invest in a good quality company. Always diversify your investment.


Will I Continue or Add more Capital?

With this kind of good performance, I will continue the investment.

I will also consider adding more capital to it in the future.

I need to observe for a year and monitor closely.




Happy Investing! 😉

Post a Comment

0 Comments